Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

With the Ava's first birthday and the wedding both rapidly approaching, I've been super busy trying to get things done. That said, I obviously have not been posting new blogs very often but I'm doing my best. It seems that I never have time to stop and take a breath these days so I can't even remember what I've done lately. I have been making notes in my phone's calendar when Ava does something significant so I can mark it on her 1st Year's calendar. So Tuesday, Ava added to her collection of tricks. She's been walking all over the place since she was 9 months old, but only with the help of the couch, tables, or anything else she can grab on. She's also been standing on her own for a while...

but Tuesday, she finally took a step on her own! She's slowly but surely finding her balance and I'm sure within no time she'll be running all over the place. I was really hoping she would walk before her first birthday but that's ok...we'll aim for the wedding now :). Even though she doesn't walk she still manages to get all over the place and into everything. She especially loves to crawl under Trevor's desk when he's playing and behind the vaccum cleaner into the one of the smallest possible places in the apartment. She does however have a new favorite place to play. She has a few baskets from gifts I received for her so I keep her toys in them. Lately, she has been emptying one of the baskets and sitting in it with her aquarium toy. This has happened everyday since last week. Trevor put her in her crib yesterday (8/24) with a different basket of toys and found her a few minutes later inside of that basket.


She cracks us up everyday. So Friday, we had an engagement party to go to about an hour away in Pennsylvania for one of Trevor's childhood friends.


My Mom took Ava for the night but we still left the party fairly early, around 10:30. Trevor and I both had our first drinks in a while because the doctor said I could stop taking that horrible medicine (Cymbalta) since it was clearly making every symptom worse. Saturday morning, Trevor left bright and early to go to New York with his Dad. He bought him tickets to the Phillies/Mets game at the new Mets Stadium so they got an early start and went golfing with Daddy Dan. I got up later and headed over to my Mom's to pick up Ava and ended up hanging out there with my Mom, Stepdad, and stepsister until it was time to go to my Aunt Theresa's house for a BBQ. The weather was terrible - it was ridiculously hot and humid and about to storm constantly. Eventually it did and we all headed inside. Ava, her great Uncle John, and cousin Cole listened to music and watched Cole dance.


Then it was time to go home so we said goodbye to everyone and off we went. Trevor got home around 1 am and it was time for bed. Sunday, I had plans to go to lunch with my friend Nicole. She wanted to take me out for my birthday and we were finally able to get out. We ate at a place called the Corner Bistro in a small town close by. Lunch was pretty good with great company. When I went home, I got Ava's stuff together and the two of us headed out to Babies R Us to get some things for her and then off to my Mom's to pick up some stuff we left the day before. Then, we headed to PF Changs to meet up with the two Katie's for dinner. Again, our meal was delicious and we had great company. I took food home to Trevor because he was home playing all day.

Monday, Trevor let me sleep all day because I was so exhausted. I didn't get myself out of bed until 3 pm :( and then we had to get ready, take Ava to my Aunt's house, and head to Trevor's sister Trinna's house to visit her. At 7, we had a happy hour to attend for Trevor's stepbrother's baseball team. We hung out there until 9 and then headed back to my Aunt's house to pick up Ava. I headed out to the diner with my Aunt and cousin but Trevor wanted to play and Ava's sleep schedule is all screwed up so Lindsey (my cousin) went home with Trevor until we got home. I had to get up early today to greet my sister-in-law and neice because my sister-in-law needed a sitter. I'm pretty sure Ava was not happy with a baby being in the house or she was just mad that I wouldn't let her play with poor little Bella. She's 3 months old and Ava just wants to grab her like she's a doll.

Eventually, we dropped Bella back off with her Mommy and we headed out to run some errands. Trevor won an Outback gift certificate at a golf outing recently so we used that for dinner tonight. We came home and relaxed for the rest of the night and we're heading to bed now. Goodnight!

1 comment: