Thursday, August 20, 2009

Annoyed

Picking up where I left off...Sunday Trevor played tournaments all day so eventually I headed over to my Mom's with Ava to look at old pictures. I'm making a slide show of me and Trevor from birth until now for the wedding so I'm trying to gather pictures from our parents. I sat there for hours looking through pictures and all of my memories from school that my Mom held on to. My favorite was a journal I had to write in each day in second grade. My spelling and stories were hilarious...I was hysterically laughing by myself in the nursery my Mom has at her house (she lives in a 4 bedroom house with her boyfriend so she turned one of the empty rooms into a nursey for Ava, my nephew Cole, and neice Bella). It was fun taking a trip down memory lane. When I finally made it through the pictures and picked out the ones I wanted, Ava and I headed to Trevor's Mom's house to help her with her new laptop. We stayed for a bit and she gave me old pictures of Trevor to take home and look through and then we were on our way home. Ava has decided recently that she wants no parts of sleeping when she's at home. Her bedtime is 9 but she won't go to sleep now until 11:30 unless she's staying overnight at one of her grandparents houses. She sleeps 12 hours straight for them (like she used to for us) but at home she wakes up at the butt crack of dawn. But then I look at her little face and I think she can do no wrong :).

Monday, we met up with Trevor's sister Trinna for lunch at Chili's. Then we headed to Target to get some things for Ava and then we were off to Trevor's Dad's because his car was still there. Ava and Trevor stayed there and hung out for a bit while I went to PJ's - the bar I used to work at - to meet up with the 2 Katie's for dinner. I had a salad and it was delicious. I said my goodbyes and headed home. Yesterday, I had a doctor's appointment and then afterwards Trevor's Mom stopped by for a bit. We hung out at home all day. Today, Trevor had plans to go golfing in Brigantine with my uncle and cousin so he left the house early and Ava and I hung out all day. I got a lot of cleaning and laundry done and when he got home we got ready, dropped Ava off at Trevor's Dad's and headed to the Phillies game. We finally sat through a game and won. Cliff Lee was pitching and it was a great game...4 homeruns...fabulous.

So why am I annoyed? As we were coming home, there was a car next to us on the bridge that continuously put its brakes on and was almost coming into our lane. We were watching and I noticed it was a girl driving...shocking. As we drove passed her, I looked over and saw that she had her visor down, mirror open, and was holding the visor inspecting herself while driving...in the dark - not like she could see anything anyway. Why do people (mostly females) insist on checking themselves out while driving like it's no big deal? It irks me to no end when I see people driving like complete tools. And where are the cops when this stuff happens? They're busy pulling over the person doing 28 in a 25. PULL OVER THE IDIOTS THAT ARE SWERVING BECAUSE THEY AREN'T PAYING ATTENTION! I also love when some guy driving his Mercedes or better yet his beat down '80 sports car pulls right up onto my bumper when there's cars all around and nowhere for me to go...that's one of my favorites...and when they start flashing their lights like they own the road and I need to get out of the way. I don't drive like a grandmother but I don't drive 300 mph either. If I had a beater and didn't have a baby in the backseat I would really love to slam on my breaks for morons like that. Another person was driving all over on the way home and as we passed him I saw he was on his cell phone. Is it that hard to wait or put the thing on speaker phone and put it on your lap? I'm sure it was an emergency about what his friends were wearing to the club and how they had their hair spiked that night. Ugh...drives me up a wall...

I'm done ranting for now...but stayed tuned for lots more in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment