Saturday, August 15, 2009

Time Flies

So I've been incredibly busy lately and haven't had time to do an update but here I am finally. I've been working on the invitations for our upcoming wedding and had to get them completed and in the mail by the end of the week (which I did) but only after staying up until 4 am for a week straight. A couple of years ago, that would be normal for me but with an 11 month old running around, it's not the best idea. I can't believe how quickly time is passing...I feel like we were just getting engaged and now we're less than 2 months away from the big day (10/10). I'm really blown away at how fast time moves these days. When Trevor and I started dating, time started flying and now that we have Ava, each day seems to be over in a blink of an eye. It's pretty scary if you stop and think about life and what it has in store for us and how quickly it can be taken away. But that's something I probably shouldn't get into because it will most likely send me into a frenzy...one day I'll talk about it but today is not that day.

With this in mind, last Tuesday, August 11th, marked 2 years since Trevor and I got engaged...2 years! I'll never forget that day...it was my college graduation party. Trevor had it all planned out. We were living in Brigantine at the time and he left early on Friday to head to our hometowns. He said he had to meet up with his sister to help her out with some financial aid stuff but really he was heading to my Dad's work to ask him permission to marry me. Obviously, he said yes of course. We went out that night with some friends and later that night...totally joking and truly oblivious to what was going to happen the next day...I told Trevor that he better not be proposing the next day (oops sorry!) but again I was really totally joking. The only reason I even brought it up was because he knew that I always wanted to be proposed to in front of my family and friends and my graduation party was the perfect time and place. In reality though, I didn't think it was possible for him to have bought a ring since we're always together. The next day at the party, he seemed to be acting totally normal to me (he says he was a total nut all day) and at one point during the party my Dad asked for everyone's attention. He gave a little speech about how proud he was of me for graduating from Drexel and the typical Dad speech (my Dad absolutely does not like talking in front of large groups) and then he called me over to him for a hug. After that, he asked if anyone else had anything they wanted to say and Trevor came up to me out of nowhere (really he was standing to my right but I didn't see him) and said "Jody I think you're the most amazing person in the world and I want to spend the rest of my life with you" and then he got down on one knee and said "Will you marry me?" I was totally shocked but I clearly said yes. After all was said and done, I felt terrible about the night before :( but we laughed about it. It's been a long but great ride leading us up to our wedding day and I absolutely cannot wait for it to be here.

I spent the morning today with my Mom and Ava working on things for the wedding. There's not much left to do which is great but definitely still have some loose ends to tie up. I'm looking forward to everything being finished and relaxing until October 10th. After that, Ava and I headed to the shore to meet up with Trevor and family because they played in a golf outing today. There was so much food when I got there - it was crazy. I ate and we hung out for a bit but it was time to head home. Here I am now...falling asleep as I write. I planned for this blog to be ridiculously long and have the entire story of Trevor and I but I'm just too tired to make any sense so here's what you get...a long blog with lots of run on sentences and my jumbled thoughts on a Saturday night...enjoy...I'll write the next one when I've slept :)

No comments:

Post a Comment