Friday, August 7, 2009

On the road again...

Saturday was a pretty relaxed day - I went to Bed Bath and Beyond with Ava and my Mom to finish my wedding registry and later on Trevor, Ava, and I went to Pizzeria Uno's for dinner. By the time my meal came, I was so stuffed from soup and the appetizer, I ate two bites of my meal and wrapped the rest up. Ava spent the dinner flirting with every possible person and making people smile and then we waited about 25 minutes for boxes and the check because our waiter was standing at the table across from ours talking to 2 girls the whole time. At first we didn't mind but after a while it got really annoying. When we got home, our crazy neighbor was on a horn rampage, hitting the button about every 15 seconds. Trevor started to reach his breaking point and said that if he hit it one more time he was calling the cops. He ended up giving him a few more times pretending that he didn't hear it but finally that was it. He called the police and talked to the dispatcher about what was going on (it was almost 11:30 pm at this point) and said he knew they were probably busy but was just wondering what our options were. They sent an officer out who came and talked to us and said after 10 pm it's considered and noise complaint and that he was going to come back another day and tell him to stop and if he didn't that we then would have the option to file a complaint. It must have worked because since then, I've heard his horn maybe once.

Moving on...

Traveling with the baby is not easy - there's so much to pack for her but she's always a trooper. She's 11 month's old and has been to 14 states and has spent a lot of time in Atlantic City. We spent most of June there and then two weeks in Vegas right after. Since then, we've been home but it was back to packing on Sunday for at least two days in AC. Trevor had to leave early Sunday morning to get to AC to play a Borgata tournament so I stayed home with Ava and packed. There's almost nothing I hate more than packing but I now have to pack for 3 people instead of just 1 which makes me want to jump out of the window. Also, trying to pack with Ava terrorizing everything obviously makes it a much more difficult task to accomplish. She wanted no parts of a nap and no parts of being stuck in her crib. I finally had to bribe her with Puffs in her high chair so I could get her to sit still long enough to get things done.

When I finally finished packing and loading the car, I had to meet Trevor's sister Trinna at their Mom's house because she was riding down with me. We were headed to Pleasantville, a town not too far from AC, where Trevor's mom and little sister Emilee were vacationing. I hung out there for a bit since Trevor was playing in the tournament. While we were eating dinner I got a call from him saying he was out and was going to come and hang out for a while before we headed to Harrah's for the night.

The next morning, we headed back to where Trevor's Mom was staying and sat by the pool for a couple hours. It was Ava's first real time in the pool and her raft and she LOVED it. She immediately started kicking her feet like she knew what she was doing (of course she did, she's a genius!). One of our son's, Dan, met us at the hotel for a bit and then Trevor's Mom wanted to take us out to dinner for our birthday's so we got ready and headed to Chickie's and Pete's with the two sisters, Mom, and Dan. Eventually, we headed back to Harrah's leaving Ava behind with her Mom-Mom for the night. Originally, we were supposed to go to mur.mur with Dan, AG, and some of my friends, but the girls decided not to book a room until 2 nights before and couldn't get a free one by then. So they decided to back out and stay home. Instead, the four of us ate a late dinner at the Borgata (the Metro) and went back to Harrah's and played slots. I played for a bit but after hitting the bonus round twice and getting the lowest possible number (20 credits - quarter machine) on the wheel both times, I got frustrated and quit. AG came a long and sat at that same machine and hit bonus round after bonus round for 250 credits, 100 credits, 90 credits and every other great thing he could hit. He turned $20 into about $140 and I wanted to smash the machine. I turned my attention away from him to watch all of the drunk trainwrecks walking through Harrah's with Dan (just to clarify - they were not walking through with Dan, we watched together :)) We spent a good part of the night laughing at everyone until finally we headed over to craps to watch AG for a few minutes and then to Three Card Poker. Then, to finalize the evening, we stopped by the roulette tables so AG and Trevor could lose the rest of their money before retiring for the night. I have to say, this was not the first time I met AG but for some reason, I never noticed how much he talked. After this visit, I realize he really doesn't ever stop talking, regardless of what's happening around him. All night long, someone would be in the midst of talking and AG would just start talking about something else as if the room was silent which certainly made for an entertaining evening. But AG, I still don't like you because you told Ava you hate her.

Tuesday...

We packed up our stuff and headed back to pick up Ava and hang out by the pool for a while. Finally it was time to head back home. We packed up, said goodbye and home we went. Trevor and Ava met up with Trevor's best friends Ton and Raj for dinner but I stayed home and slept because I didn't feel that great. After dinner, we hung around home until it was time to go to bed. The next day, we had some running around to do, so we grabbed lunch at Moe's and then off we went to get things done. I was supposed to have dinner with a friend but I had to cancel because again I wasn't feeling great. I spent most of the night working on invitations for Ava's first birthday party and our wedding. Trevor had an online tournament to play in at 9 so I had to get Ava in bed which is not easy. For some reason, she will not go to bed for me. I've tried and tried but usually cannot get her to go to sleep. I finally got her in bed at 11 pm and then headed off to Arby's to get some food for Trevor and then went back to work on the invites. Today, we had more running around to do and then dinner at 6:30 with Trevor's Dad and Stepmom. Ava again was entertaining everyone with her funny faces and laughter and was, like always, a great baby for the whole dinner. Life is good :)

A short story -

On our way out of the door today, the creepy neighbor was standing right outside of it talking to our other neighbor. Just a quick reminder - he cannot have a conversation without mentioning something about the weather, but always the opposite of what it's like outside. As we started to walk towards the car, he said "Watch out for the snow!" Today was in the 80's and sunny...I can't wait to move...




No comments:

Post a Comment