Thursday, July 23, 2009

Always on the Go

We've been running around a lot since we got home from Vegas on Thursday. I still haven't had a chance to put everything away that was packed which makes for a messy home that drives me crazy. Monday we picked up my beautiful new car and I was terrified to drive it off of the lot - but I did obviously.

We then ran all over America to lunch at the Cheesecake Factory (our first time since Trevor's bet ended), over to the mall to return some things, came home for a bit, and then off to Target to get another car seat for Ava. We got lucky on this one because on Friday, they had two of the car seat I wanted left on clearance for $65 (originally $79.99) and then Monday the last one was reduced to $55 - pretty great. Trevor decided that it would be easier to have 2 car seats rather than moving it from one car to the other. Anyone who does this using a LATCH system will know it's not a simple task.

On Tuesday, I had to wake up early and go to the doctors and then go right to the salon to get my hair done and then pick up my cousin Lindsey so that had me out from 9:30-2 pm. While I was out, Trevor's sister Trinna came over to visit with Ava. Later on we took Lindsey home and headed out to Houlihan's to meet up with Trevor's friends for dinner. Ava is still on Vegas time so she likes to crawl all over until 1 am when Trevor finally rocks her until she has no choice but to pass out.

Today was spent at home until 5:30 when I had to take my nephew to his Rock N Roll Gym class. Ava and I went a few doors down to the pizza place and ate while Cole ran around in his class then we went back to my brother's to wait for Trevor and Todd (my brother) who bonded all day at the Phillies game. Trevor apparently threw a horseshoe and it bounced up into my brother's knee leaving it pretty swollen and bruised. I, of course, found it rather amusing since my (older) brother has tortured me my entire life. We came home and Trevor and Ava hung out so I could get some much needed cleaning done but as always there's still more to do.

Changing topics - we live next to a man with severe OCD. It drives me absolutely insane - probably more so than he is. He has several rituals that Trevor and I watch when we see him. The main one deals with his car. When he gets home, he pulls into the parking space, rolls down the window and sticks his head out and looks at the ground, backs out and pulls back in, and repeats everything about 4 times until he satisfied with his park job (might I add he was straight the first time he pulled in). Then he fumbles around in his car for a minute, gets out shuts the door, presses his alarm button so it beeps, pulls on the door handle to make sure it's definitely locked, and then proceeds to walk around the entire car, carefully examining it, trying to open the trunk to make sure it's locked and looks under the car for God know what reason until finally going inside.

Sometimes he'll go back outside after going in and examine some more. Now his new favorite thing to do is hit the alarm button so the car beeps for him so he knows it's locked and he does it about every 3 minutes - or more sometimes - and he does it all day long. The other night when we got home from Target I could see him in his apartment and he was just pacing around and hitting the alarm button. Tonight, I was so sick of hearing his car I yelled stop hitting the friggin alarm button (just in my apartment). There's a chance he may have heard me (we both live upstairs side by side) because I haven't heard it since. Apparently he also likes to stand outside in his boxers. Fortunately, I haven't seen this yet but Trevor had the pleasure last week. He's in his 40's with fire engine red hair and the strangest man ever.

If Trevor sees him coming, he literally RUNS to his car or the house to avoid him. When he does catch one of us, he always comments on the weather, but he says the opposite of what it's really like outside. So for example, if it's snowing, he'll say "Wow it's really hot out here today isn't
it?" and then smack his forehead with his palm and say "DUH!" We really don't get it but he does it all of the time and he talks really low too so you can barely hear him. The gossip I heard was that his parents support him completely and he's on some kind of medication but if you ask me I think he needs a higher dose or a different medication. All I know is, he makes me want to break down his door, take his car alarm button and smash it into pieces!

I need to go to bed now so that's all for tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment